“How does that make you feel?"
It's a therapy joke punchline, but do therapists really ask every client that question? Yes. The not-so-funny part is how few people can answer it. For many of us, thinking is simply our default mode as we try to build a safe space for ourselves within the confines of our mind. After all, feelings can't be trusted, right? Feelings are unreliable reactions, right? It's dangerous to be emotional, right?
The mind has been enthroned as our source of control. The subjugation of feeling is celebrated while tears are equated with weakness, especially in men. The demand to separate ourselves from emotion has left most of us with an extremely limited emotional vocabulary as well as an inability to properly identify and process what we are feeling. We are getting this whole thing wrong.
In The Garden Within, Dr. Anita Phillips informs and encourages us to care for our hearts so we can understand our emotions and live free and empowered. The heart has always been our rightful guide; it's time we start listening to it.
In this six-week study, you will:
- Define man's original design as from God's heart.
- Learn to elevate your heart to a position of authority.
- Recognize the lies you believe surrounding emotions and the heart.
- Identify personal trauma and learn ways to process through it.
- Realize the daily power of faith, hope, and love.
This study guide has everything you need for a full Bible study experience, including:
- The study guide itself—with discussion and reflection questions, video notes, and a leader's guide.
- An individual access code to stream all video sessions online (you don’t need to buy a DVD!).
Streaming video access code included. Access code subject to expiration after 12/31/2028. Code may be redeemed only by the recipient of this package. Code may not be transferred or sold separately from this package. Internet connection required. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Additional offer details inside.